The Canadian Society for International Health (CSIH) is pleased to offer Participation Grants to the 23rd International AIDS Conference (AIDS 2020: Virtual), the first virtual International AIDS Conference.
CSIH will select up to 25 recipients, each of whom will be provided the grant to cover registration costs for AIDS 2020: Virtual (valued at US$540.00; US$150.00 for student/youth/post-doc). For a full breakdown of registration costs, visit the AIDS 2020: Virtual website. As a part of efforts to secure greater involvement by and meaningfully engage people living with HIV/AIDS, CSIH will be offering grants to individuals fitting the criteria described below.
Application Window Friday, June 12, 2020 – Monday, June 22, 2020 (12:00 pm EDT). Recipients will be notified by Friday, June 26, 2020.
To qualify for a Participation Grant, applicants must:
• Have lived experience with HIV/AIDS (including people living with HIV and people who are engaged in HIV response)
• Be a Canadian citizen or resident of Canada
• Be available to attend the AIDS 2020: Virtual from July 6 to 10, 2020.
Participation Grant applications will be assessed for:
• Demonstration of an affiliation with and/or connection to the HIV community in Canada.
• Demonstration of tangible benefits from attending AIDS 2020: Virtual, and • Capacity to share knowledge gained and lessons learned with a larger community.
For more information about this grant opportunity, and to fill out an application, download the 2020 Canada Pavilion Participation Grant Application Package
Completed applications should be sent to Priscilla Pangan, Project Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.