We’re Hiring! Part-Time Peer Harm Reduction Worker
Job Posting: Harm Reduction Peer Worker (0.25)
The Harm Reduction Worker Peer Navigator position is a 12 hour per week part time position that is responsible for developing and implementing initiatives to enhance peer engagement and to provide direct outreach to individuals who may not be connected to existing harm reduction services or other community supports.
This position is based in Brantford but may also support initiatives throughout Haldimand and Norfolk.
- Work collaboratively with advocacy groups and organizations that work with people who use drugs to raise awareness and build community capacity.
- Participate in direct outreach activities including mobile outreach.
- Make appropriate referrals.
- Maintain confidential and accurate files.
- Comply with agency policies and procedures.
Qualifications & Skills
- The comfort and skills to apply your lived experience in a helpful way to others.
- Direct experience working with marginalized and vulnerable members of our community.
- Have a strong knowledge of community resources.
- A deep understanding of stigma associated with substance use and related issues.
- Demonstrated use of harm reduction philosophy and principles.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and advocacy skills.
HOW TO APPLY: Please forward your letter of interest or electronic resume and covering letter by email no later than 9:00am on July 20th, 2020 to email@example.com
Surface mail or in-person addressed to:
The AIDS Network
140 King Street East Suite 101
Hamilton, ON L8N 1B2
The AIDS Network values inclusion and diversity and promotes access and equity using an anti racism, anti oppression framework. Persons living with HIV are encouraged to apply.