Internal/External Job Posting
Support Worker of Programs (1.0 FTE)
(Short term, six-month contract)
The Support Worker of Programs is responsible for coordination and implementation of support programs and services with The AIDS Network. Based in Hamilton, the Support Worker of Programs, works within guidelines, policies, values and mission of the organization and is accountable and responsible for the outcomes of these program areas. The Support Worker of Programs, works collaboratively in a team environment with other staff and volunteers.
· Development, coordinate and implement support programs including but not limited to food security and nutrition programs, social support events, transportation support, complementary therapies, fitness and wellbeing programs, support services, and other support programming that may be developed in response to identified needs;
· Liaising with local community partner agencies for program and referral coordination.
· Volunteer coordination, supervision and support.
· Administration, reception, file/record keeping and program reporting including maintenance, monitoring and updating of web-based database system.
· Provision of support services, referrals, medical appointment accompaniment, individual advocacy, and facilitation of social support groups, educational sessions.
· Other areas as approved by management.
· Demonstrated experience coordinating and implementing direct service programs in a community-based agency including peer engagement programs.
· Degree or diploma in social services, health promotion or related area from a recognized educational institution; or equivalent is desired but not required.
· Strong interpersonal communication skills.
· In-depth knowledge of the social determinants of health impacting people living with HIV/AIDS in Hamilton, Halton, Haldimand, Norfolk and Brant regions.
· Must have a valid Class G driver’s license, regular access to a reliable vehicle and able to provide driving and police record checks.
· Demonstrate effective decision making and problem solving in emergent and non-emergent situations and exercise tact, diplomacy and discretion under pressure.
· Able to work proficiently in computer and online databases including Microsoft Office, Windows, and complete regular data entry, monitoring, and reporting using web-based data collection.
· Current First AID certification is an asset
HOW TO APPLY: Please forward your electronic resume and covering letter by email only no later than 5:00pm on Friday, March 20th to firstname.lastname@example.org
The AIDS Network values inclusion and diversity and promotes access and equity using an anti racism, anti oppression framework. Persons living with HIV are encouraged to apply.