An AIDS Walk is more than a fundraiser, it is a political act where friends and allies come together to be visible, and make the statement that all of the diverse communities that make up people living with, affected by and vulnerable to HIV deserve dignity, equality and long, healthy lives. It is a chance to spread awareness of the causes central to the work The AIDS Network does in Hamilton, Halton, Haldimand, Norfolk and Brant. Our main awareness causes for our 2021 Walk Away from Stigma are:
- The importance of HIV support,
- Saving lives through Harm Reduction programs,
- Celebrating the good news of U equals U,
- Addressing the impact of HIV among gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men,
- Addressing the impact of HIV among African, Caribbean and Black communities
- Addressing the impact of HIV among women
Why do you Walk?