Notice: our Volunteer Application forms are being redesigned and are currently not available online. If you would like more information about volunteering in the meantime, please contact James Diemert, Community Engagement Coordinator directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 905-528-0854 ext 234
The strength of The AIDS Network lies in the commitment and services provided by the efforts of our dedicated volunteers. Without volunteers, we would be challenged to continue providing the broad scope of Support and Harm Reduction Services and extensive Educational Outreach that we offer.
It’s also a great way to meet new people and develop new skills.
Becoming a Volunteer
All volunteers must attend a general orientation about The AIDS Network’s services, volunteer roles, and responsibilities. The orientation also provides basic education on HIV & AIDS, as well as harm reduction. Depending on your area of interest, further program specific training is provided as needed.
All volunteers must agree to protect client confidentiality and accept in principle the current Mission Statement, Values, Objectives and Goals as set out in our Constitution. Volunteer positions involving direct client contact require a Police Clearance Certificate.
Volunteers can get involved in a number of ways. These include, but are not limited to:
- Harm reduction: Kit Assembly, Van
- Administration: First Contact
- Outreach: General Community Outreach, Men4Men Program Outreach
If you are interested in volunteering at The AIDS Network here’s what you’ll need to do!
- Download and fill out the application form
- Get two people to fill out the attached reference forms. They must be non-family members who have known you for at least one year and must be at least 18 years of age.
- Attend the next scheduled Volunteer Orientation Information Session you are able to attend
- Meet for a half-hour screening interview with our Community Engagement Coordinator
- Identify a volunteer role that is right for you
- Obtain a Criminal Record Check (required for some positions)
Need more information?
Join one of our volunteer orientation sessions, which are held on the second Tuesday of every other month at The AIDS Network, 140 King Street East, Suite 101 (Lower level), Hamilton, ON.
Feel free to take a look at this resource